Vrindavan, 2018.01.04 (VT) The State Government has announced almost Braj development projects with a total budget of almost 400 Crore (US$67 Million). A spokesperson said that CM Yogi Adityanath will announce further plans when he comes to Barsana to participate in Lathmar Holi.
The proposals include:
– Development of the aarti ground in front of the Daan-Ghati Temple
– Widening of the inner parikarma path at Goverdhan.
– Crowd-control fencing at Govardhan.
– Underground cabling for Parikrama Marg.
– Sound systems and cc cameras.
– LED and WiFi.
– Development of 4 roads leading to Parikrama Marg.
– Development of the Vrindavan Parikrama Marg.
-Public toilets and drinking water supply.
An architectural firm from Noida, in conjunction with BTVP architect Mayank Agarwal is currently preparing the blueprint for the development work in Barsana. Development work is also planned for Gokul and Nandagaon, however, priority is being given to the development of Vrindavan and Barsana as their official status as pilgrimage sites (tirtha sthal) means that the Government has a responsibility to provide first class visitor services.
Latest posts by VT Staff (see all)
- The time Hanuman Prasad Poddar was honored in Vrindavan - May 21, 2018
- Govardhan becomes a 24 hour city - May 20, 2018
- NGT says: Remove concrete from Vrindavan Parikrama footpaths - May 20, 2018