Vrindavan, 2011.10.08 (VT): Some of the bigger programs being advertised for the beginning of Niyam Seva and Sharadiya Rasa Purnima.
October 7-9. The main events take place on October 9.
- 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. A major meeting of sants (sant sammelan), featuring Karshni Gurusharnananda Swami, Awadheshananda Giri Maharaj, Sadhvi Ritambhara, Ramesh Bhai Ojha, Shrinath Shastri, Gopal Krishna Goswami (ISKCON), Sachinandan Swami (ISKCON), Krishna Chandra Shastri, Goswami Mridul Krishna Shastri, and others.
- 7.30-8 p.m. Braj Mandali Group from Switzerland, dance program.
- 8-11 p.m. Ram Lila, Ram Bharati Kala Kendra, Delhi.
Place: Vaijayanti Dham Ashram, Chattikara Road, Vrindavan.
Program: Procession through Vrindavan, Oct. 8, 9.30 a.m.
Daily Bhagavatam from Oct. 8-14 with Jagad Guru Dwaracharya Shri Maluk Peethadhishwar Swami Shri Rajendra Das Devacharya Maharaj. Daily from 4-8 in the evening.
Samaj gayan (bhajans) from different sampradayas, mornings from 9-12:
- Sunday, Oct. 9. Sants from Tatia Sthan.
- Monday, Oct. 10. Nimbarka Sampradaya.
- Tuesday, Oct. 11. Goswamis from Barsana and Nandagaon.
- Wednesday, Oct. 12. Vallabha Sampradaya.
Thursday, Oct. 13. An assembly of learned scholars and devotees. 9-12 a.m. The marriage of Radha and Krishna. The barat (procession with the groom coming to the bride’s house) will leave Radha Vallabha temple and arrive at the Hitashram. The ceremony will take place at 6.
Friday, Oct. 14. The birthday celebrations of Shri Hit Dasji Maharaj.
In the holy presence of Shri Govardhan Nath at the Namdeva Kaladhari Mandir (near the Radha Vallabh temple) in Atkhamba, five days of discussion on the Bhagavata chatuhshloki and Bhaktamala with Jagad Guru Dwaracharya Shri Maluk Peethadhishwar Swami Shri Rajendra Das Devacharya Maharaj. Oct. 9-13, mornings from 9-11.
As you can see, Rajendra Dasji is in big demand and keeping busy.
Sharad Purnima evening, Banke Bihari’s darling names as sung by Swami Haridas. Under the direction of the Haridasiya Sampradaya Acharya, Shri Mridul Krishna Goswami. With the sweet voice of Acharya Shri Gaurav Krishna Goswami. Tuesday, Oct. 11, 2011, 5 p.m. until it ends. Place: The site of Banke Bihari’s appearance, Shri Nidhivan. Organized by Bachchu Goswami and Bhikchandra Goswami of Nidhivan. This program will be televised on Adhyatma TV.
No specific activities are named. Starts at 3.30 p.m. on Oct. 10, ends at noon on Oct. 12.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- Krishna Theme Park in Braj :: Fossilizing a Living Tradition? - October 19, 2015
- Did Hema’s Mahotsav recast Krishna lila in promiscuity? - October 7, 2015
- Petition to UP CM opposing Vrindavan-Mathura merger - October 19, 2014